Pending no further local cases, the five-day lockdown for the Perth ends at 6pm tonight which is great news. Unfortunately we’re not out of the woods yet, and Perth enters a post-lockdown transition period until 12.01am, Sunday 14 February.
For Neddies players, coaches, members and supporters the restrictions that we need to be most mindful of are:
- Wearing a mask when in public and while at work, unless exempt or for vigorous outdoor exercise
- All business and venues can reopen, except for the casino and nightclubs
- 4 square metre capacity rule in place for hospitality, entertainment, public and fitness venues, up to a maximum of 150 (excluding staff)
- 150-person capacity at all events including weddings, funerals and community sport (includes players, officials and spectators)
- Seated service only at hospitality venues
- 20-person limit for private indoor and outdoor gatherings
- Mandatory contact registers and SafeWA QR code for individuals to check-in at venues are now required
What that means for Neddies is the following will now apply at the club until next Sunday:
- Training can resume at Charles Court Reserve however all players, coaches and managers should arrive and leave with masks on
- The sausage sizzle after training this coming Thurs can only go ahead if we can ensure no more than 20 people are near the BBQ area at any one time
- Anyone entering the clubhouse must now sign the register or use the SafeWA app to scan the QR code
We will hopefully be back to our ‘new normal’ next Sunday so until then please follow the rules and ensure we provide no grounds for any complaints.
Stay safe and take care.
President Nedlands RUFC