* Update 6 July 2021 *
From the most recent advice from the WA Govt, the following Covid related rules will apply to our club from 12.01am Tuesday, 6 July 2021 until 12.01am Monday, 12 July 2021 :
- Permitted to go ahead with spectators
- Indoors including in the workplace
- Outdoor areas where physical distancing is not possible
- Masks are not required when undertaking vigorous exercise, indoors or outdoors
Business and venues
- 150 patron limit and 2sqm rule for hospitality
- It is vital that all Western Australians ensure they are registering their contact details at venues where contact registers are mandatory.
- The SafeWA app is an efficient and safe way to assist contact tracing if it is required.
In summary, the bar will open on Thursday and steak night will go ahead but masks should be worn inside the clubhouse. Seating will be spaced out. The home game against the Coastal Cavillers will go ahead with spectators but social distancing should be practised. Masks to be worn inside the clubhouse on the day.
President Nedlands RUFC
+61 (0) 401-066-032
* Update 2 July 2021 *
COVID-19 Community Sport update – Return to play
Based on the medical advice from State Government and in consultation with both the Junior Executive President and President of RugbyWA. Based on the interim restrictions, all outdoor community sport can resume. Based on this consultation between RugbyWA and relevant stakeholders, the below has been decided:
• Games for under 11s and below will be cancelled;
• Under 12s and above will continue as scheduled without spectators.
• Fortescue Premier grades and Belt up Colt’s competitions will go ahead as scheduled without spectators.
What is a spectator?
• A spectator is anyone that is not directly involved in the game. For example, spectators would not include coaches, referees, players, physios, timekeepers, officials etc. If you have an active role then you are not a spectator.
What this means this weekend?
- All senior games 1-2-3-4 grades are on. (UWA Colts have unfortunately forfeited).
- All personnel not playing wear masks.
- No spectators.
- Bar will be open but in a limited capacity (20 people max in the club and seated).
The live stream of the game v UWA Rugby can be found here.
Due to the covid lockdown just announced, the club is closed this week.
We will be awaiting an announcement from RWA about whether the games will go ahead on the weekend.
Stay tuned and stay safe!