Downloadable NRUFC Resources

2017 Nedlands Player Handbook

The 2017 Nedlands Players Handbook is now available for download.

Nedlands Code of Conduct

We have revised and updated the code of conduct. Please take time to read and make sure yourself and your peers adhere to this at all times.

Code of Conduct – 25 March 2013
Disciplinary Committee Scope Operating Guidelines – 25 March 2013

Nedlands RUFC Constitution

Nedlands RUFC Constitution was approved in December 2015 and can be found here
NRUFC Constitution

Insurance Information

All registered, financial players have the following protection:

  1. Medicare
    Covers the cost of treatment in an emergency department of a public hospital, and a portion of the cost of a visit to a doctor, X-rays, operations and hospitalisation in a public hospital and any necessary medicines. Does not cover physiotherapy. You must be registered with Medicare and have a Medicare card to be eligible for these benefits.
  2.  ARU Rugby Insurance
    a. Makes payouts in case of death or permanent disability.
    b. Covers 80% of non-Medicare medical expenses (after reimbursement from your private health fund if you have one), including ambulance, physiotherapy, pharmacy, dentistry. There is a $100 excess (except ambulance), and the maximum benefit payable is $3,000.
    c. For wage and salary earners whose employer will not pay you if you’re not at work, a weekly benefit of 80% of gross income up to a maximum of $300 per week for 52 weeks. There is a 28 day excess i.e you won’t be paid anything until you’ve been off work for 28 days. You will receive a brochure from the ARU which gives details of this policy. Click Here to download the brochure.
  3. Nedlands RUFC has an injured players fund, which can make limited payouts to players to help with rent, food etc in cases of extreme hardship.

Note : 2 and 3 above only apply to registered, financial players – i.e those who have paid their subs.

If you think you need more protection than the above, eg more income protection insurance, it is your responsibility. For advice contact BUPA, sponsor and ex-president Rick Wolozny at Trident Insurance Brokers on 92028000 or see the Club’s insurance officer Chris Lowson (0404931735).

What if You Need To Make a Claim?

  1. Medicare claims are your responsibility. The Club doesn’t need to be involved with these.
  2.  All ARU Insurance and Injured Players Fund claims should be made through your team manager.
    a. If the injury is serious (a head or neck injury that requires medical treatment, or any injury that results in you being admitted to hospital), they must complete and submit an ARU Serious Injury Report within 48 hours. These injuries must also be noted on the team-sheet.
    b. If you are going to make a claim on the ARU policy, your manager will get a signed claim form from the Club’s Insurance Officer (Chris), and you must complete this and send it, along with your doctor’s report and any other necessary documentation, to the address on the form. Once you have the form, its completion and submission must be done within 28 days, and is your responsibility.
  3. If you want to make a claim on the Injured Players Fund, give all relevant details (injury, how long affected, how affected, why you need assistance) to your manager, who will convey them to Chris on your behalf.

For all insurance / injured players fund information contact Chris Lowson
(0404931735 / 94487345) or at .